Behemoth Widescreen Wallpaper

Friday, December 31, 2010

This is a piece for my final bachelor series based on my explorations and experiences of Germany and a look at the German urban landscape.
Cities often develop in a very 'organic' way, especially cities as old as Hamburg, which is why I have chosen to represent Hamburg in this way. It is a creature built on the back of its heavy industry, especially its Dockyards where some of the largest ships in the world have been made.

It would be very easy to leave Hamburg thinking it is a rather ugly place - the main train station where I entered it is right next to the docklands. But upon exploring it I found it has some of the most beautiful Architecture I have seen to date. Architects here seem to have an obsession with defying gravity - hanging buildings out unsupported over water for example.

Behemoth



Artist : Dahoota

Download Wallpaper

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

2011 ·Wootpix